Website Aldi UK
Aldi UK currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Aldi Recruitment – Customs Manager for Full Time at their offices in Atherstone, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Aldi Recruitment – Customs Manager||Company Name:||Aldi UK||Job Location:||Atherstone, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Aldi||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
As a Customs Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing a Customs and Excise Team, playing a vital role within the National Supply Chain Management Department. You will lead a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Support the development, design and implementation of internal controls.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation.
- Be Buying Department facing, supporting in customs and excise training to internal colleagues, explaining and engaging.
- Ensure the team and multi skilled and ensure sufficient cover during regulatory deadlines.
- Develop talent providing training to improve knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Be proactive in managing your personal development.
- Encourage the team and peers to generate new ideas.
- Build effective and collaborative relationships and networks, both internally and externally.
- Provide support to the team on difficult HTS code classifications (using GIRs).
- Lead a team whilst keeping focus on key goals and objectives, working collaboratively to deliver success.
- Drive a positive team culture and develop behaviours.
- Work through issues as they evolve with pace.
- Respond to technical queries from internal and external business partners.
- Ensure relevant customs and excise HMRC returns are met.
- Monitor HMRC deferment account and associated guarantee levels.
- Be proactive, plan ahead, anticipate and manage risks.
- Develop and review documented procedures and training material.
- Spot opportunities, define solutions and create a clear action plan.
- Manage the completion of assorted HMRC customs and excise declarations and assist the business to ensure it’s legally compliant with HMRC customs and excise regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and administration skills.
- Highly focused and accurate with a meticulous eye for detail.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant industry customs experience.
- Experience in working with customs data and knowledge of customs legislation.
- Previous experience in a busy, deadline driven environment.
- Great team player who works collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Confident using Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
- Track record of rolling out new policies and procedural initiatives.
- Level 3 certificate in customs compliance or higher or experience as per the below.
Company: Aldi UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atherstone, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A