Website Angus Council
Angus Council currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Angus Council Vacancies 2023- Plant Operative for Full Time at their offices in Brechin, Scotland, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Angus Council Vacancies 2023- Plant Operative||Company Name:||Angus Council||Job Location:||Brechin, Scotland, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Angus Council||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
- Transport goods, equipment and personnel and supervise as required. Pull, push and carry heavy bulky items, equipment and bins as required.
- Ensure first use checklist is completed before driving any allocated vehicles.
- Drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle including frequently entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the vehicle including oil and water checks.
- To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notices.
- Undertake, either individually or as a member of a team, duties concerned with sweeping, collection and removal of litter, dirt, leaves and weeds, etc from public spaces including roads, pavements and shopping precincts. Walk distances as required to undertake these duties.
- Comply with Health and Safety at Work Act and other legal requirements, Codes of Practice and established local authority procedures and safe systems of work.
- Maintain a good working relationship between the service and members of the public by being polite, respectful and courteous at all times, and uphold and strengthen the council’s values of fairness, equity, honesty and integrity.
- Be responsible for first use checks and completion of all records and paperwork pertaining to the use of equipment, materials, other vehicle checks etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain written records
- Wear uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to regularly pull, push and carry heavy bulky items, equipment and bins
- Ability to take and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Willingness and ability to work with noxious materials
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of basic road safety and traffic control measures
- Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) driving licence with Category C entitlement
- A current driving licence with Category C1 entitlement (Medium Sized Vehicles between 3500kg and 7500kg)
- Knowledge of health and safety at work
- Valid Driver CPC/ Driver Qualification Card
- Good oral communication skills
- Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training
- Experience of manual handling
- Valid Digital Tacho-graph Driver Card
Company: Angus Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brechin, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A