Argos currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Argos Recruitment 2023 – Transport Team Leader for Full Time at their offices in Bristol, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Argos Recruitment 2023 – Transport Team Leader||Company Name:||Argos||Job Location:||Bristol, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Argos||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
We’re looking for a Transport Team Leader to work on a 4 on 4 off, 12hr rotational days and night shift pattern who can deliver excellent service, by assisting the Transport Shift Manager in managing the distribution operation. Monitoring and managing the driving team and transport team. The team leader will be expected to manage the shift in the Shift manager’s absence. The team leader will control the daily plan to ensure that all vehicles arrive at destination within allocated time slot.
- Make sure agency drivers are legal to work using the declaration and digi card scanning system.
- Communicating operational needs with the transport team
- Process ASN via the WE supply system in a timely manner
- Generate driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and issue to drivers
- Managing the shift alongside the Shift Manager
- Liaising with customer and suppliers on all issues relating to the collection and delivery of product
- Communicating operational changes with the warehouse and yard supervisor
- Communication with drivers to ensure depot is aware of issues as they arise
- Collate weekly information for transport auditing purposes
- Produce reports, such as missing volume, debrief status and unconfirmed orders
- Communicating operational issues with other Sainsburys & Argos sites and RDC’s
- Offering leadership and direction to the traffic assistants, warehouse operatives and yard supervisor
- Have working knowledge of transport / driver hours and regulations.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, able to offer direction and support to others.
- Are familiar with transport management systems.
- Are Computer literate, competent user of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Work co-operatively and willingly with others to achieve common objectives.
- Have a sense of urgency and work diligently to achieve timelines.
- Have working geographical knowledge of the country and the motorway network.
- Are pro-active towards change, ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Are competent in transport operations legislation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A