Argos currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Argos Jobs in Milton Keynes – Assistant Buyer for Full Time at their offices in Milton Keynes, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Argos Jobs in Milton Keynes – Assistant Buyer||Company Name:||Argos||Job Location:||Milton Keynes, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Argos||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
You’ll input and deliver the 3-6 month promotional strategy for your category and support delivering accuracy in pricing across all of our channels. It takes a flair for relationship building and negotiation, coupled with an analytical approach. Buying forms the backbone of our business so is naturally incredibly fast-paced. You’ll be able to deliver a variety of strategies to help drive sales and profit, and who have an interest in understanding our customers and what they want.
- Support and input into team objectives to build a commercial, customer focused range through competitor benchmarking, market data and trend direction.
- Have an understanding of sales & profit variables and use of relevant leavers to trade effectively
- Be responsible for range optimisation and understand the in-store experience and impact the product ranges have on customers and store colleagues to inform future decisions.
- Have input into planograms, pricing, promotional activity, product specification, supplier selection as appropriate to the product area.
- Support negotiations with UK suppliers with Global sourcing team.
- Be accountable for the adherence to the buying milestones alongside PD and global sourcing withing the agreed critical path.
- Support the Buyer and Senior Buyer in liaising with the PD Team and Product Technologist in setting the quality criteria for own label products ensuring the optimal balance between quality and price is maintained.
- Have responsibility for administrative duties and approvals, sample management/
- Previous buying experience, preferably from a retail background
- A passion for product, balanced with understanding the need for commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and admin ability, along with knowledge of word and excel
- Negotiation skills and practices for UK suppliers
- Knowledgeable in market trends
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and provide resolution in a fast paced environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milton Keynes, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A