Website London Borough of Bromley
London Borough of Bromley currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Bromley Council Vacancies Near Me – Reablement Bank Support Worker for Full Time at their offices in Bromley, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Bromley Council Vacancies Near Me – Reablement Bank Support Worker||Company Name:||London Borough of Bromley||Job Location:||Bromley, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Bromley Council||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
To assist and enable clients with personal, practical, and social support activities of daily living. Working within a reablement model of care, the Reablement Bank Support Worker will support and encourage service users to regain, maintain or develop daily living skills and the confidence to carry them out independently. The Reablement Bank Support Worker will assist service users to take greater control of their lives and remain independent and help eliminate or minimise their need for further intervention.
- Prompt and assist with personal hygiene, showering or bathing, hair, oral hygiene, dressing and undressing. Prompt/assist with shaving using electric shaver.
- Assist service users to maintain an appropriate diet and fluid intake through advising and directly preparing meals and drinks if required.
- To assist with managing correspondence
- Provide assistance with managing continence, assisting service users to use the toilet or commode, changing incontinence pads, emptying catheter bags, emptying and disinfecting commodes, (changing catheter bags/colostomy bags will only be permitted if appropriate training has been completed and staff are confirmed competent.) This will need to be completed by District nurse.
- Carry out moving and handling tasks in line with the London Borough of Bromley’s Policy on Moving and Handling, individual risk assessments and appropriate training completed.
- To encourage and support service users to maintain family/friend contact, engage in social activities, or outings to promote confidence, involvement, and participation within the community.
- To work with the service user to identify any health, social, leisure or support services that would improve their well being and quality of life.
- Prompt or assist with general housework, hovering, keeping living areas clean and safe.
- Prompt and assist when necessary, with personal and practical activities of daily living, promoting confidence in individual ability to carry out activities independently.
- Prompt with the management of prescribed medication in line with the London Borough of Bromley’s policy on Medication Administration.
- Work in partnership with the service user and manage the expectations of a time limited service
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate others
- Demonstrate the competence and confidence in implementing the reablement support plans and programmes
- Accept their limitations and know when to refer to professional assistance
- Report to the senior support worker on a regular basis
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of possible abuse and have confidence in reporting these to the manager.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide verbal and simple concise written reports on service users’ progress using IT systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Be willing to undertake Level 3 NVQ to progress their skills.
- Hold a Level 2 NVQ in Care Work – We will however also consider suitable candidates with experience who are willing to train to NVQ Level 2
- Experience of working in a care environment
- Experience in safe use of minor adaptations and equipment
- Experience of communicating effectively with vulnerable people
Company: London Borough of Bromley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bromley, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A