Website Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Current Vacancy in Johnson & Johnson – Principal Scientist for Full Time at their offices in Cambridge, MA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Current Vacancy in Johnson & Johnson – Principal Scientist||Company Name:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Location:||Cambridge, MA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Principal Scientist is a newly created leadership position in Cambridge, MA, to build a Molecular design and optimization group. This group will be responsible for antibody design and optimization with a strong focus on affinity, developability and other critical attributes using structure and modeling based design and other emerging computational methods for protein property assessment and design.
- Contribute to a number of due diligence activities for a variety of in-licensing opportunities, patent application examples, writing scientific publications and presenting at conferences.
- Train, mentor and empower associates and scientists on the team and assist with their career development.
- Responsible for carrying out the optimization of multiple projects in parallel to deliver NME-ready molecules or components.
- Independently present/defend scientific findings in multi-functional project teams/initiatives.
- Collaborate with in silico design and bioinformatics groups.
- Establish and enhance current molecular design and optimization workflows.
- Lead / participate on project teams to advance discovery portfolio projects from portfolio entry to IND-ready in partnership with the therapeutic area leader.
- Build and lead a team of scientists for protein/antibody design and engineering using a variety of computational and high throughput screening techniques including phage display.
- Establish and enhance lab infrastructure and automation for protein engineering.
- Strong background in automation and high throughput screening assay development including library construction and screening, ELISA and FACS.
- Strong understanding of antibody structure-function relationship with a proven record using (semi-) rational and computational design methodologies to achieve excellent functional and biophysical and manufacturing properties.
- Hands-on experience in antibody generation and optimization (affinity modulation, humanization, PTM mitigation, etc.) in an industrial setting with strong track record of delivery of candidates ready for clinical development. Experience must include successful completion of antibody generation/optimization projects using high throughput techniques such as display technologies, library design and construction (such as design of naïve libraries), affinity maturation, and rational and rapid protein optimization techniques.
- Strong knowledge of antibody sequence analysis including NGS and clustering methods to select optimized lead antibody candidates.
- Strategic problem solver with outstanding scientific excellence and accomplishments in antibody discovery and engineering as demonstrated by strong publication record, patents, and/or conference presentations.
- Working knowledge of AI/ML application to biologic optimization.
- Solid understanding of various protein expression and purification techniques; and analytical methods for protein characterization and developability assessment of drug candidates.
- Innovative approach and ready to step out of the box for creating and exploring new ideas with calculated risk taking.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry and biophysics, structural biology, computational biology with hands experience or a related field with 7+ years of biologics experience in a biopharmaceutical organization and a track record of driving therapeutic antibody/protein programs from early discovery into development ready stages is required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A