Website UK Home Office
UK Home Office currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Home Office Jobs 2023 – Asylum and Protection National Age for Full Time at their offices in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Home Office Jobs 2023 – Asylum and Protection National Age||Company Name:||UK Home Office||Job Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||UK Home Office||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
NAAB social workers will work in pairs to conduct age assessments on behalf of local authorities and the Home Office across the UK. There will be a requirement to travel, and you may occasionally be required to stay overnight in a local authority area. Where this is necessary the Home Office will pay for travel costs and other expenses.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of research findings, legislation, statutory guidance, policy developments and case law relevant to age assessments and social work practice.
- Represent the Home Office in local authority settings across the UK to deliver a high quality service through the completion of robust but fair age assessments. This could include engagement with local authority Heads of Service, Directors of Children’s Services, teachers, foster carers and other professionals involved in the young person’s care.
- Adapt personal practice in response to feedback given through the quality assurance process.
- Undertake ‘Merton’ compliant age assessments on behalf of local authorities and the Home Office. The reports must be of high quality and completed within agreed timescales. Reports need to be robust enough to withstand scrutiny through legal challenge.
- Support the Home Office response to legal challenges, where they arise, including preparing court statements and giving evidence in court.
- Use working knowledge of legislation and case law relevant to age assessment in all parts of the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, where applicable)
- Develop and contribute to quality assurance exercises and activity as part of the NAAB’s quality assurance framework.
- Adopt a child centred and trauma informed approach to working with young people and undertaking assessments. Provide the appropriate statutory response to any child protection or safeguarding concerns that come to light during the age assessment process.
Company: UK Home Office
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A