Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Hyvee Careers – Food Service Manager in Lawrence for Full Time at their offices in Lawrence, KS, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Hyvee Careers – Food Service Manager in Lawrence||Company Name:||Hy-Vee, Inc.||Job Location:||Lawrence, KS, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Hy-Vee||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assists food service department managers to present the freshest most innovative and best quality products at a competitive retail price to customers.
- Reviews daily production list with department employees and assigns tasks for completion.
- Oversees food quality and presentation for all Chinese, Italian, Restaurant and Kitchen Departments.
- Ensures the proper amount of staff in the kitchen department to handle customer needs.
- Scans the kitchen area for items and areas that need to be addressed (e.g. Coffee, salad case, cleanliness, kitchen repairs, and safety issues) and assigns tasks to kitchen staff.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat, and maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Work with chefs and other personnel to plan menus that are flavorful and popular with customers.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Ensures food display case product is rotated and replenished.
- Direct hiring, training, and scheduling of food service personnel.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
- Follows all food safety guidelines and ensures department employees comply.
- Oversees inventory within all Chinese, Italian, Restaurant and Kitchen Departments.
- Estimate food and beverage costs.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
- Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Select or create successful menu items based on many considerations, and assign prices based on cost analysis.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Figures retail pricing and ensure correct pricing.
- Work with chefs for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Monitors actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
- Must possess excellent Hospitality skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school or equivalent experience.
- Sanitation (Food Safety) courses encouraged.
- One year of similar or related experience.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lawrence, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A