Website Islington Council
Islington Council currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Islington Jobs 2023 – Reablement Senior Enabler for Full Time at their offices in London, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Islington Jobs 2023 – Reablement Senior Enabler||Company Name:||Islington Council||Job Location:||London, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Islington Council||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The role is based in our in-house Islington Reablement Service – we help residents to regain independence through intensive, short-term support, that builds on their strengths. Working closely with colleagues, you will co-ordinate your own caseload of residents, tracking their progress by carrying out reviews and encouraging them to maximise their independence.
You will work alongside colleagues in the Reablement Team to help individuals to regain or maximise their independence through intensive, short-term support after a period of illness. You will build on their strengths to help them live healthy independent lives for as long as possible in their own homes, or the place they call home. The Islington Reablement Service is for adults with a range of needs including learning disabilities, physical and sensory needs, mental health and older people both in community and hospital settings across various locations. Reablement may be used to support discharge from hospital, prevent readmission or enable an individual to remain living at home.
- A willingness to complete Trusted assessor training to assess and prescribe simple equipment, minor adaptations and assistive technology
- Ability to document and record Reablement visits and observations relevantly and accurately.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders including Social Work Teams, Health, Housing and GPs.
- Ability to complete initial risk assessments with residents in their home environment, considering environmental risks, risks to the person and others involved in their care and support.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to make quick decisions, to use initiative and to be adaptable to different work situations and changing priorities.
- Ability to provide support with activities such as personal care, meal preparation and domestic tasks which promotes the person’s independence, in line with their Support Plan.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working for Adult Social Care or an equivalent agency providing domiciliary personal care.
- NVQ Level 3 or QCF Level 4 or similar qualification in health or social care, or a willingness to complete qualification
- Experience and understanding of strengths-based approaches and applying this in practice.
- Experience of working with people with differing and complex needs and from black and minority ethnic communities in inner city areas.
- Experience of working with adults within in a Reablement setting is preferred.
Company: Islington Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A