Website Islington Council
Islington Council currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Islington Council Vacancies 2023 – Reablement Enabler for Full Time at their offices in London, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Islington Council Vacancies 2023 – Reablement Enabler||Company Name:||Islington Council||Job Location:||London, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Islington Council||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The role is based in our in-house Islington Reablement Service – we help residents to regain independence through intensive, short-term support, that builds on their strengths. Working closely with colleagues, you will co-ordinate your own caseload of residents, tracking their progress by carrying out reviews and encouraging them to maximise their independence.
You will work alongside colleagues in the Reablement Team to help individuals to regain or maximise their independence through intensive, short-term support after a period of illness. You will build on their strengths to help them live healthy independent lives for as long as possible in their own homes, or the place they call home. The Islington Reablement Service is for adults with a range of needs including learning disabilities, physical and sensory needs, mental health and older people both in community and hospital settings across various locations.
- Awareness and understanding of safeguarding including legislative responsibilities and Making Safeguarding Personal
- Awareness of health and social care legislation including the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2007 and other relevant statutory legislation
- Awareness of statutory requirements relating to regulated services, CQC standards
- Ability to document and record Reablement visits and observations relevantly and accurately, with a focus on progress towards Reablement goals
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders including Social Work Teams, Health, Housing and GPs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide support with daily activities such as personal care and domestic tasks with an emphasis on promoting and encouraging independence, in line with their Reablement support plan
Qualification & Experience:
- Level 2 NVQ or QCF Level 3
- Experience of working with people with differing needs and from black and minority ethnic communities in inner city areas.
- Experience and understanding of strengths-based approaches and applying this in practice
- Experience of working with adults within in a Reablement setting is preferred
- Experience of working for Adult Social Care or an equivalent agency providing domiciliary personal care
Company: Islington Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A