Website Islington Council
Islington Council currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Islington Council Jobs Vacancies – Nursery Education Worker for Full Time at their offices in London, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Islington Council Jobs Vacancies – Nursery Education Worker||Company Name:||Islington Council||Job Location:||London, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Islington Council||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Westbourne Early Years Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; all posts are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
- Develop and maintain appropriate positive behaviour strategies with children.
- Complete reviews of the key child in partnership with multi-agency colleagues and parents/carers as appropriate (eg at aged two; leaver’s record).
- Develop a loving and secure relationship with each key child.
- Help each key child to become familiar with and confident in the setting.
- Attend and participate in relevant CPD, share the knowledge and ideas gained with colleagues in the setting.
- Support each key child’s individual learning journey through on-going observation, assessment and planning in partnership with parents/carers and other colleagues
- Uphold the principles of good practice in inclusion and equal opportunities in all aspects of the role, supporting early identification and intervention strategies at all times.
- Contribute to the development of relevant policies and procedures.
- Build trusted relationships with each key child’s parents, ensuring there are regular opportunities to share information on the child’s development at home and in the setting.
- Look after each key child’s care and welfare needs e.g. dressing, toilet training, eating, sleeping, being comforted.
- Knowledge of how to share information appropriately.
- Knowledge and an understanding of the importance of the child’s well-being and ability to meet the physical and emotional needs of young children, including those with additional social, emotional or special education needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to promote all aspects of children’s learning and development, prime and specific areas of learning, through a range of effective strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the early years framework and the importance of play in young children’s development and learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a stimulating learning environment.
- Knowledge of how a range of factors can inhibit children’s learning and development and how these can be overcome.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in childcare/early years practice with suitable practice placements (e.g. NNEB Certificate, NVQ Level 3 – Childcare/Early Years Care, BTEC Nationals in Childhood Studies or equivalent).
- Educated to English (GCSE A-C) or equivalent or able to pass the Council’s literacy tests.
- For Scale 4 – Level 3 qualification with substantial experience in an early years setting, including experience as a key person.
Company: Islington Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A