Website Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Jnj Careers – Scientist Functional Genomics for Full Time at their offices in Spring House, PA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Jnj Careers – Scientist Functional Genomics||Company Name:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Location:||Spring House, PA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
- Present data in a professional ‘publication ready’ format.
- Coordinate with external companies and collaborators to generate reagents and perform experiments.
- Supervise and guide junior research associates and work-study students.
- Keep up to date on literature related to your field. Act as an experienced resource in your scientific field and related subject areas. Propose novel and impactful assay ideas, aligned with internal and external scientific strategies and demands.
- Perform tissue culture with established cell lines and primary cultures, including induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC).
- Critically analyze data and possess troubleshooting skills.
- Cellular and molecular biology techniques, including transfections, transductions, RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9, microscopy, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Quantitative Reverse Transcription PCR (RT-qPCR), western blotting, immunoprecipitation etc.
- Balance multiple experiments and projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners across multiple fields and contribute to various projects within the organization.
- The ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards is required.
- Experience managing and developing team members preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position will require 10% travel.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. degree or equivalent is required.
- Experience with electronic notebook management systems preferred.
- The ability to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data is required.
- Post-degree experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting, or in a high-quality academic environment is preferred.
- A strong record of publications is required.
- Experience collaborating with external partners (e.g. contract research organizations (CROs), academics) is preferred.
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
- Experience culturing, differentiating and manipulating iPSCs is required.
- Basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with functional genomics (RNAi and/or CRISPR/Cas9) for target validation or with screens (arrayed, pooled, genome-scale) in vitro or in vivo is required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spring House, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A