Website Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Jnj Careers – Senior Scientist for Full Time at their offices in Boston, MA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Jnj Careers – Senior Scientist||Company Name:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Location:||Boston, MA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Senior Scientist, Translational Research will perform real-time bioinformatics and statistical analysis, visualization, and data interpretation for Oncology Disease Area Strongholds (DAS) with a focus on solid tumor indications. This individual will use statistical and machine learning methods to identify prognostic and predictive biomarker signatures from high dimensional biological data. He/she will integrate data from external (e.g. NCBI Entrez, NCBI GEO, TCGA/ICGC/GTEx, dbGaP/EGA, COSMIC, UCSC Genome Browser, Ingenuity) and internal sources, including clinical biomarker data. He/she may also evaluate and develop novel algorithms and approaches for data analysis.
- The candidate will maintain compliance with all internal requirements for data integrity and reproducible research, actively interface with the internal and external scientific and technical community, and participate in technology evaluations and software/database usage training.
- He/she will participate in Disease Area Stronghold meetings and proactively support related Bioinformatics and Computational Biology projects.
- The individual will communicate results to bench scientists, clinicians, and management in an appropriate biological context.
- High dimensional data integration and analysis
- Proficiency with classification and machine learning methods is preferred.
- Cloud-based analysis experience preferred.
- Next generation sequencing analysis and pipeline/tool development
- Biological background is preferred.
- Survival analysis, and/or biological network inference.
- Oncology experience is preferred.
- Statistical analysis experience with working knowledge of regression analysis, multivariate data analysis, and linear/nonlinear mixed effects modeling is preferred.
- Strong R programming skills are required.
- Other high level programming (Java, C++, etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) experience is preferred.
- Scripting language experience (e.g. bash, Perl or Python) is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Gene expression analysis
- Prior work experience in a computational biology, bioinformatics or related setting is required.
- Working on bioinformatics projects OR a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with postdoc and 3 years industry experience working on bioinformatics projects is required.
- Experience with BioConductor is required.
- Working experience in Unix/Linux environment is required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A