Zumiez currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Jobs in Zumiez 2023 – Senior Technical Designer for Full Time at their offices in Lynnwood, WA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Jobs in Zumiez 2023 – Senior Technical Designer||Company Name:||Zumiez||Job Location:||Lynnwood, WA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Zumiez||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Focus of this position is extensive analyzation of existing patterns/fit blocks/grade rules that exist in the Private Label department, with the goal of streamlining processes, creating consistency between factories and brands regarding fit and grade.
- Prepares for fittings, by measuring sample to be fit, cross-examine sample against style Tech Pack and against the previous fit samples to ensure previous comments have been corrected, bringing previous fits to fit session for review if needed; Attends and leads the fit session on live model(s) or mannequin(s) and takes initiative in their assigned product category(s).
- Work closely in collaboration with Technical Design and Product Development Director to refine product life-cycle including key time and action checkpoints, enhance and evolve processes and procedures as the business evolves; while simultaneously striving to elevate the quality of the product.
- Tracks and manages workflow and workload for own product to ensure product areas are maintained with cross-functional teams while partnering with the Product Development team on critical priorities, as needed.
- Responsible for participating in tracking core body measurements on live fit model, grade rule approval, maintaining and updating pattern block library, and cross-referencing existing bodies to expedite the fit process as directed or assigned
- Mentors TD team associates and assistants in one or more specialty categories.
- Work in collaboration with team members to improve efficiency through clearer communication, to simultaneously reduce fit samples and overall development timeline
- Recruits, auditions, and manages live models for fit sessions; Direct and coordinate fit sessions with live models and multiple other appropriate attendees
- Communicates fit and balances issues via easily understandable written and/or visual methods; as well as and including paper pattern adjustments.
- Influences and guides Technical Design partners as needed, requested, and where applicable to leverage technical knowledge and experience to support a strong team atmosphere and product execution.
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments and vendor partners to ensure products meet or exceed all requirements; Provides technical direction, internally and externally, on corrective actions needed to bring samples to brand fit standards. Utilizes written comments, sketches, photos, or pattern making as needed to communicate.
- Executes fit comments in a timely manner to ensure the fit process stays in line with production and action timelines while partnering with the Product Development team on lead time priorities, where applicable.
- Anticipates and resolves any potential pre-production and production problems while in the fit process. Partners with vendors in the resolution of problems as necessary; Responsible for reviewing pre-production samples (PP’s) for adherence to approved fit and construction standards and executes comments as needed to complete the PP approval process and move the process forward to production. Partners with Production Manager as needed to resolve issues on PP’s and in relation to timelines
- Benchmark our fit and quality standards against other key fashion companies to ensure best in class fit and construction ; Checks construction and quality of product to ensure sample has proper execution for garment category and fabrication. Identify potential issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be able to inspect all aspects of a given product, including color, materials and trim, construction and stitch details.
- Researches and analyzes branded product, in conjunction with Zumiez private label products, with assessment toward resolving fit, pattern and construction issues
- Develops and maintain block specs and library for assigned categories; Develops basic block patterns through physical pattern or pattern diagram
- May be assigned other duties and projects based on business need
- Evaluates samples from prototype to PP sample stage for fit, measurement, pattern shaping, and functionality to ensure fit and proper styling
- Investigate by category consistency between block patterns, grades and overall fit by brand inside of category fit
- Articulates brand standards to all parties, agents, and final manufacturers; Issues grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval.
- Develop, prepare and execute all aspects of fit and construction details for assigned categories from proto through production
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fosters collaborative, team-orientated relationships
- Experience in grading and ability to understand grade rules for multiple categories
- A highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit; Demonstrates a spirit of collaboration, building supportive relationships with the Technical Design Manager/Technical Design team-seeks new and innovative solutions to garment construction in tandem with design concepts.
- Highly developed standards of pride and ownership with demonstrated understanding, application and execution of the principles of excellent garment fit
- Must be proficient with knowledge and skill in commercial fit and pattern standards, corrections, grading, construction manufacturing methods, sewing, and technical drawing.
- College degree in Patternmaking, Fashion Design or Product Development with course work in textiles, pattern making, apparel design and manufacturing, product development or related experience
- Must be able to use higher level math with full comprehension of decimals and fractions, and their application to rulers and tape measures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel);
- Proficient understanding and experience working in all parts of the full development cycle; Understanding of the apparel design and development process from inception through production.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, motivate and mentor others. Management experience a plus.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of patternmaking within the capacity of technical design as a tool for communicating fit review and/or requested pattern revisions for progressive improved fit of product category; Demonstrated ability to provide effective and cost-efficient pattern solutions with applied understanding of apparel construction, material construction and properties related to fit
- Prior Design experience is a plus
- Great time management skills. Ability to multi-task and review priorities as other demands come into play on a daily basis
- 10+ years previous experience as a Technical Designer, with expert knowledge in multiple product categories, Knits and Wovens, Mens and Womens; including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of development, production process, and timelines for Sweaters + Cut and Sew Knits product categories.
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge of pattern grading for assessing consistent grade of defined fit silhouettes, placement of artwork or other details, including recommendations of zipper lengths
- Strong understanding of Technical Design including construction, fit, pattern making, fabric relation to design intent, and overall improving quality of a garment while maintaining cost for Sweaters and Cut and Sew Knits product categories.
- Possesses the ability to think Creativity; Processes tasks with an understanding of the need for Flexibility and Adaptability to meet key product and product group objectives. Displays initiative by suggesting and/or implementing innovative solutions for resolving identified challenges.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lynnwood, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A