Website Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Johnson & Johnson Careers – Senior Scientist Research for Full Time at their offices in Boston, MA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Johnson & Johnson Careers – Senior Scientist Research||Company Name:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Location:||Boston, MA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Johnson & Johnson||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Senior Scientist, Translational Research will provide data analysis and Computational Biology support for the Oncology therapeutic area. This individual will work in close collaboration with scientists in Translational Research, Discovery, Early and Late Clinical, Discovery Sciences, Data Sciences, and Quantitative Sciences to analyze, integrate, and interpret high dimensional data from a variety of platforms including next-generation sequencing (DNA/RNA/TCR/single cell/ctDNA), gene expression microarrays, CyTOF, SNP arrays, RBM, and flow cytometry panels.
- The Senior Scientist, Translational Research will perform real-time bioinformatics and statistical analysis, visualization, and data interpretation for Oncology Disease Area Strongholds (DAS) with a focus on solid tumor indications.
- This individual will use statistical and machine learning methods to identify prognostic and predictive biomarker signatures from high dimensional biological data.
- He/she will integrate data from external (e.g. NCBI Entrez, NCBI GEO, TCGA/ICGC/GTEx, dbGaP/EGA, COSMIC, UCSC Genome Browser, Ingenuity) and internal sources, including clinical biomarker data.
- He/she may also evaluate and develop novel algorithms and approaches for data analysis.
- A Master’s Degree in Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience working on bioinformatics projects OR a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with postdoc and 3 years industry experience working on bioinformatics projects is required.
- Next generation sequencing analysis and pipeline/tool development
- Scripting language experience (e.g. bash, Perl or Python) is required.
- Biological background is preferred.
- Oncology experience is preferred.
- High dimensional data integration and analysis
- Survival analysis, and/or biological network inference.
- Proficiency with classification and machine learning methods is preferred.
- Cloud-based analysis experience preferred.
- Working experience in Unix/Linux environment is required.
- Prior work experience in a computational biology, bioinformatics or related setting is required.
- Experience with BioConductor is required.
- Experience handling clinical data is preferred.
- Statistical analysis experience with working knowledge of regression analysis, multivariate data analysis, and linear/nonlinear mixed effects modeling is preferred.
- Strong R programming skills are required.
- Other high level programming (Java, C++, etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) experience is preferred.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A