Website Network Rail
Network Rail currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Network Rail Jobs 2023 – Network Management Technician for Full Time at their offices in Stoke, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Network Rail Jobs 2023 – Network Management Technician||Company Name:||Network Rail||Job Location:||Stoke, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Network Rail||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Network Rail Telecom (NRT) team is responsible for operating all of NRT’s telecoms assets and networks. This responsibility includes handling asset life cycles as well as the development, delivery and support of outstanding telecommunication networks and services.
- First point of contact for all telephone, email and FAX queries, making sure that these queries are directed to the relevant team/person.
- Perform tasks in support of ongoing programmes. These may include providing technical information, test calls and related tasks.
- Construct/write fault reports to facilitate a strong focus on Trouble Ticket resolution.
- Drive Trouble/Problem tickets through to resolution in accordance with agreed targets and related priorities driving committed engagement and commitments with all involved resolver groups and customers, utilising proactive internal and external resolution escalation as required.
- Compile handover reports to enable the smooth transition of operational issues/concerns/notes from one shift team to the next.
- Receive and record customer fault details in the fault management database, tasking these to the appropriate function and also recording the action taken and any resolutions achieved
- Perform Tier 1 network surveillance to identify alarms/ issues on the remote management terminals (i.e. Netcool, SCADA, FTN Transmission, GSM-R Radio and GSM-R Core Switching Element Managers) with a view to investigating or escalating to Tier 2 for in-depth technical analysis
- Willing to work shifts (roster includes nights and weekends).
- Basic understanding of fibre/copper transmission and digital radio telecommunications systems.
- Minimum of GCSE/ ‘O’ levels including English, Mathematics and Science.
- Experience of working in a high pressured environment
- Fully conversant with operating computer based applications.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
Company: Network Rail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stoke, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A