Website Publix Super Markets
Publix Super Markets currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Publix Hiring – Mechanical Designer for Full Time at their offices in San Antonio, TX, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Publix Hiring – Mechanical Designer||Company Name:||Publix Super Markets||Job Location:||San Antonio, TX, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Publix Super Markets||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
It’s a collaboration of design. The Mechanical Designer works with the Mechanical Engineers to incorporate the structural, electrical and architectural design elements into construction drawings for new and remodeled Publix stores.
- The Publix Facilities Design department provides a unique in-house design solution for new store development as well as signed and sealed drawings to support new store development for each new facility.
- The Mechanical Designer coordinates the mechanical designs with the other in-house design groups, including electrical, architectural, and structural, as well as with outside consultants.
- The Designer assists in the design and production of construction documents for new store models and the integration of these designs into new Publix locations.
- Each year this department produces 40 to 70 new store plans and more than 70 remodel plans.
- The Mechanical Designer reviews and approves contractor product submittals and shop drawings prior to the construction process, comparing them to prototype design specifications, ensuring that contractors comply with Publix requirements.
- Knowledge of standard drafting and design techniques
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations both manually and through the use of a calculator
- Knowledge of engineering principles
- Experience in a design-related field
- Knowledge of construction drawings and construction materials and methods
- Ability to read, understand and interpret other disciplines of construction documents
- Ability to draft in various CAD programs (preferably MicroStation)
- Knowledge of various building codes (Life Safety, International Building Code, etc.), laws, regulations and ordinances related to design
Company: Publix Super Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A