Website Publix Super Markets
Publix Super Markets currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Publix Job Application – Manager of Health & Welfare Benefits for Full Time at their offices in San Diego, CA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Publix Job Application – Manager of Health & Welfare Benefits||Company Name:||Publix Super Markets||Job Location:||San Diego, CA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Publix Super Markets||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Administering benefit plans requires knowledge of a whole gaggle of acronyms such as ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, and COBRA. These strange-sounding words make perfect sense to our Manager of Health & Welfare Benefits, who plays a major role in managing Publix’s Group Benefits Plans.
- The Manager of Health & Welfare Benefits develops the communications that help associates understand the intricacies of these plans, particularly in preparation for the annual open enrollment period.
- But this manager is also heavily involved in the design and administration of those plans as well as the coordination of relationships with third party vendors.
- The Manager of Health & Welfare Benefits supervises the Health Benefits Coordinator and the Voluntary Benefits Specialist.
- Knowledge of SAP-based Human Resources and Benefits Administration Information Systems
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and overnight travel as required
- Knowledge of various laws and regulations which may affect the administration of the welfare benefit plans, including Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA), Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act (NMHPA), Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSO), Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 125, IRC Section 79, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Medicare Secondary Payer regulations, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations, Uniformed Services Employees Rights and Reemployment Act (USERRA) and Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Knowledge of basic financial principles
- Ability to review and draft third-party vendor contracts
- Ability to protect extremely confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge of project management and quality improvement principles
Ability to interpret and apply legal documents, regulations and government legislation
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field applicable to the primary responsibilities of this position (i.e., health care administration or business administration)
- Management-level experience working directly with a benefits consulting firm or with plan administration and design for a private company similar in size to Publix
- Ability to think creatively when reviewing procedures and work-studies
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification or Certification as a Group Benefits Associate (GBA)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, Access, including the ability to create databases, user forms, Open Database Connectivity ((ODBC)) links and queries)
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Company: Publix Super Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A