RSPCA currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a RSPCA Jobs 2023 – Veterinary Surgeon for Full Time at their offices in Birmingham, England, UK. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||RSPCA Jobs 2023 – Veterinary Surgeon||Company Name:||RSPCA||Job Location:||Birmingham, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||RSPCA||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
We’re looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join us at our flagship charity Hospital and Animal Centre on a casual basis. You’ll be filling in gaps in the routine hospital roster whilst our full time vets are redeployed to support the Inspectorate with case work, attend court, deal with large unpredictable influxes of animals that require veterinary care.
- A subsidised veterinary service for the public on low-incomes
- The main bulk of work consists of 90% RSPCA generated animal work and 10% general public work. Public clients are on means tested benefits and generally very appreciative of the service we provide.
- Rescue and rehabilitation of injured/ ill strays and victims of cruelty
- Surgical referrals for surrounding RSPCA animal centres and branches
- Clinically the work focuses on surgery, diagnostics (radiography and both cardiac and abdominal ultrasonography), emergency trauma, shelter medicine, preventative medicine and infection control and working alongside the inspectorate on welfare cases.
- Liaising with and supporting local RSPCA animal centres and branches via telephone consultations and email communications by answering queries relating to veterinary/welfare/rehomeability decisions
- Shelter medicine/ surgery for the onsite animal rehoming centre
- Welfare support work for the RSPCA Inspectorate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A