Safeway currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Safeway Job Application – Person in Charge for Full Time at their offices in Seattle, WA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Safeway Job Application – Person in Charge||Company Name:||Safeway||Job Location:||Seattle, WA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Safeway||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Person In Charge (PIC) provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. During the absence of the Store Manager and the First & Second Assistant Managers, the PIC is in charge of the store, with analogous authority to make necessary decisions to operate the store at maximum profit, efficiency, and superior customer service. When in charge of the store (generally at night) the PIC will supervise the store employees. The PIC also acts as a Cashier Checker (see job description). May be required to work in many of the departments within the store.
- May be responsible for counting out of stock product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises the sales floor to monitor service and replenishment of products.
- Responsible for performing basic office functions to assist customers and personnel.
- Operates electronically scanning cash register to total customers’ final bill.
- Receive payment for customer purchase and count back correct change.
- May count tills when other cashier-checkers leave.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Replaces stock in displays surrounding the checkout area.
- Assists other cashiers with computer, register, and scanner problems.
- Maintains high level of familiarity with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment within the store.
- Bag groceries in paper, canvas, or plastic bags. Lift bags into grocery cart.
- Responsible for appropriately handling emergencies, customer complaints, employee or customer accidents and supervising all store personnel.
- Offer customer assistance with carry out, and perform that task if a Courtesy Clerk is not available.
- May be responsible for completing close of day function in the office.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Knowledge of all positions within the store.
- Desired: Prior experience as a clerk or manager.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A