Sephora currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Sephora Jobs 2023 – Manager Operations for Full Time at their offices in St John’s, NL, Canada. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Sephora Jobs 2023 – Manager Operations||Company Name:||Sephora||Job Location:||St John’s, NL, Canada||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Sephora||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
As Manager, Talent & Operations, you will be responsible for managing the People and Operations aspects of a specific Sephora store location. You will regularly support in areas such as staffing/zoning of the store, beauty advisor training and education, onboarding of new advisors, store scheduling and overall execution of Sephora operation standards within the store.
- Training & Development. Manage all training-related functions within the store. In conjunction with the Store Director and Education partners to develop and execute the stores on-going training strategy.
- Talent Champion. Conduct final interviews for all key positions. Utilize the online applicant tracking system as needed to source, select and hire candidates.
- Operational Excellence. Lead the operations of the store. Ensure execution of all operations-focused processes for the store and that all are completed per company standard. Manage inventory of the store. This includes shipping, receiving, returning merchandise, cycle counting and ensuring that all processes are completed within company guidelines and timeframes.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Be seen as the expert by demonstrating a strong understanding of the stores sales performance and staffing and payroll as well as all other controllable expenses within the store.
- Performance Assessment & Development. Write and deliver annual performance reviews for direct reports in a complete and timely manner, as well as oversee the process for the entire store. Participate in the management of all performance management situations within the team. Ensure timely feedback for improvement is delivered and followed up on as necessary.
- You have proven ability to create teams by attracting and identifying talented store leaders who can train and develop cast to drive sales and deliver outstanding client service.
- You have two to four years’ experience in a similar role at a similar volume store or equivalent internal experience.
- You have excellent verbal/written communications skills and the ability to influence business partners at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St John’s, NL, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A