Website Valero Energy
Valero Energy currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Valero Jobs 2023 – Process Control Specialist for Full Time at their offices in Los Angeles, CA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Valero Jobs 2023 – Process Control Specialist||Company Name:||Valero Energy||Job Location:||Los Angeles, CA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Valero Energy||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Assists with administration and support of Honeywell TDC/TPS process control system and related systems and interfaces in a large petrochemical facility.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems.
- Performs routine maintenance and systems support tasks of hardware and software.
- Uses the Process Control Computing Environment: virtualization, Honeywell TDC DCS including Data Hiway, LCN, UCN, and TPS components WinNT/Win2000-based Ethernet, LAN including Workstations and Honeywell GUSs & AppNodes, AspenTech (CIMIO, Aspen Engineering Suite), and PLCs (primary area of responsibility: Honeywell and Triconex).
- Maintains systems administration (including Process Control LAN).
- Designs system enhancements/additions.
- Implements and maintains VB applications.
- Interfaces to multiple instrument systems including: tank gauging, DTI, analyzer network, lab system, various PLCs via a variety of devices and communication protocols Interface to business LAN.
- Assists with administration and support of on-line process control computing systems and interfaces.
- Interfaces with technical and non-technical personnel in proposing and implementing control system projects and upgrades. Manages or assists in managing of control system projects.
- Performs risk assessment and risk mitigation of online system maintenance and changes.
- Assesses and implements cyber security standards.
- Insures quality of purchased control systems and components and vendor services.
- Configures and implements new hardware and software.
- Interfaces with switches, computer and instrument system vendors and technical support services.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and stewards system maintenance contracts; oversee maintenance performed by others.
- Prepares and maintains control system documentation and Management of Change.
- Maintains systems performance monitoring and tuning.
- Implements and maintains system-related DCS tags, alarms, program logic and operator displays.
- Provides input relevant to control systems reliability, maintainability, cost and performance optimization.
- Direct experience implementing, administering and maintaining most of the systems in Process Control Computing Environment required.
- 5 years of process control systems experience in a production environment preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Related experience in a petroleum refinery or chemical plant preferred.
- 5 years of directly related experience required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A