Website Valero Energy
Valero Energy currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Valero Jobs Benicia 2023 – Sr. Metallurgist for Full Time at their offices in Benicia, CA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Valero Jobs Benicia 2023 – Sr. Metallurgist||Company Name:||Valero Energy||Job Location:||Benicia, CA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Valero Energy||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Provides technical support for metallurgy, material selection, and corrosion engineering to enable the most reliable performance that will meet the company’s economic, environmental and safety objectives.
- Leads the Damage Mechanism Review (DMR) of process units and recommendations from DMR to comply with California State and regulatory requirements.
- Leads failure analyses and participate in incident investigations related to fixed equipment to prevent recurrence of similar failures.
- Manages the site’s special emphasis programs (HTHA, wash water, critical heat exchangers, welding on equipment in service, Benicia Refinery Practices (BRPs), etc.) for refinery fixed equipment and piping system.
- Provides damage mechanism reviews and corrosion expertise to a multi-disciplinary Risk Based Inspection (RBI) team and recommend corrosion mitigation strategy including metallurgy upgrade, process control, corrosion monitoring and inspection and provide technical support for implementing the recommended corrosion mitigation strategy.
- Supports capital projects in areas of materials selection and equipment degradation control methodologies (e.g., corrosion probes, wash water, sample points, equipment degradation documents).
- Provides metallurgical, materials, welding and engineering support for refinery operating units.
- Supports turnaround organizations in piping/equipment degradation identification and use of risk-based methodology.
- Areas of operations support include metallurgy, process corrosion monitoring, process corrosion control and mitigation, opportunity crude evaluation, primary contact for refinery corrosion control vendors, project and maintenance materials selection, etc.
- Implements best practices for common problem areas, maintenance of refinery materials and corrosion control documents, and staying abreast of emerging technologies and current materials related activities in refining industry organizations (NACE, API, etc.).
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, or Welding Engineering required.
- 5 years of experience in refinery related positions with exposure and responsibilities in the maintenance area, including rotating equipment, vibration analysis, instrument and electrical fundamentals, and fixed equipment inspections required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Benicia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A