Website Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Whole Foods Careers – Sourcing Leader for Full Time at their offices in Austin, TX, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Whole Foods Careers – Sourcing Leader||Company Name:||Whole Foods Market||Job Location:||Austin, TX, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Whole Foods Market||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
The Sourcing Leader is the internal champion for our Exclusive Brands business. In this role, the Sourcing Leader serves as a trusted advisor to the Global Category Merchant and is a go to resource for the achievement of business objectives. The Sourcing Leader accomplishes this role by adhering to the execution of our sourcing process which starts through the creation of a sourcing strategy which must be adapted from the category strategy and reflective of the performance objectives identified within the category strategy.
- Helps execute Category strategy based on financial expectations, category role, category performance, customer and product trends, competitive landscape and Whole
- Food Market differentiators.
- Provides accurate and complete information in reports and communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands customer trends and stays focused on competitive landscape utilizing internal and external resources.
- Conducts weekly, monthly and quarterly financial and root cause analysis and makes recommendations to the Exclusive Brands Executive Leader to achieve strategic category targets and objectives.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Actively consumes and distills data into actionable insights for the business, and in support of serving in a trusted advisor capacity to the Global Category Merchant
- Operates as a subject matter expert their product category, inclusive of industry knowledge, familiarity with suppliers and broader industry
- Communicates represents and upholds Whole Foods Market core values and leadership principles to all stakeholders.
- Partners with Global Purchasing Teams, Distribution, and Regions to ensure alignment to and execution within the broader context of the overall category management strategy.
- Participates in mentoring and training Exclusive Brands Team Members.
- Collaborates with Global Category Merchant stakeholders on achieving financial plans and category objectives.
- Develops and nurtures key strategic partnerships and strong working knowledge of the supplier and industry landscape
- Serves as a champion of Organics, Fair Trade, Animal Welfare, Sustainability and Quality Standards and the Natural Foods Industry to advance the mission of Whole
- Foods Market to “Nourish People and the Planet”
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring, training and evaluating Associate Sourcing Leader direct report.
- Actively manages the performance of our supplier network through scorecarding, communication, and regular engagements to keep close on progress and ensure prioritization of key initiatives
- Collaborates with Exclusive Brands Support teams to drive continuous process improvement.
- 4 year degree and 4+ years of experience in category management and team leadership, and/or food industry/product development equivalent
- Prefer experience operating in a robust merchandising/purchasing operations environment (e.g. assortment planning, inventory management, space & adjacency planning, promotion and price planning).
- At least 2-3 years sourcing Private Label or Branded packaged products required
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A