Website Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Whole Foods Employment – Assistant Category Merchant for Full Time at their offices in Austin, TX, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Whole Foods Employment – Assistant Category Merchant||Company Name:||Whole Foods Market||Job Location:||Austin, TX, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Whole Foods Market||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Develops category goals & strategies and product assortments through the lens of our core customer, ensuring a strong mix of national brand product relevance, best-in-class local product relevance, and best-in-class private label product relevance – distinguishing Whole Foods Market from our competition. Responsible for business financial performance, developing strategies that drive profitable sales through data-rich, customer centric assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation, and promotion. Collaborates and works closely with Merchandising Planning, Merchandise Operations, Procurement, Distribution, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Regional Leadership, and our Suppliers to most effectively deliver on category goals and strategies.
- Supports leadership and works closely with team leaders on assigned work.
- Seeks guidance and support as required.
- Accountable for positively impacting team collaboration and group effectiveness.
- Maintains list of supplier contacts and supports supplier communication as needed (e.g. weekly conference call set up, meeting / call notes and recaps).
- Supports testing development, execution, and analysis as directed.
- Supports category, merchandising, promotional and pricing strategy development, analysis and execution.
- Facilitates information sharing between all applicable stakeholders.
- With guidance, engages with support team and other stakeholders to translate assortment plans into merchandising plans and help with project execution.
- Supports category assortment planning, including supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, stakeholder collaboration, item planning and forecasting.
- Performs and/or assists with data analysis and reporting.
- Plans and executes logistics for key events including supplier line reviews, supplier meetings, sampling events, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May own the process for a category insights and strategy presentation.
- Assists with category reset and revisions processes, promotional support, samples and sample room maintenance and with data management as needed.
- May assist in project management of new product development lifecycle (Ideation – RFP – BA – Launch).
- Maintains and updates appropriate system(s) content and helps with other documentation and reporting as assigned.
- Familiar with financial goals and guidelines.
- Detail-oriented with strong planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning and sharpening this skill.
- Familiar with category management and/or EB Product Lifecycle concepts, practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with retail software solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understands necessity of tailoring communication to meet audience needs.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to deal effectively and comfortably with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrates intellectual and analytical curiosity.
- Passion for Organics, Fair Trade, Quality Standards and the Natural Foods industry.
- Able to read financial reports, spot business trends and assess underlying drivers of results.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A