Website Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a Whole Foods Jobs – Principal Culinary Program Manager for Full Time at their offices in Austin, TX, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||Whole Foods Jobs – Principal Culinary Program Manager||Company Name:||Whole Foods Market||Job Location:||Austin, TX, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Whole Foods Market||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Responsible for crafting and developing culinary programs that celebrate the artisanal craftsmanship of the past and define new culinary trends for the future. Coordinates and ensures excellent working relationships with WFM working groups including store team leaders, regional leadership team, global bakery team, regional marketing and regional accounting.
- Leads in the testing and development of recipes with a hyper-focus on nutrient dense profiles
- Understand customer trends and keep focused on competitive landscape.
- Develop and implement technologies and support both new product and ingredient development
- Perform and lead a variety of activities associated with program development, including basic research of emerging ideas and trends, recipe testing, development, recipe creation and submission with required documentation
- Develop robust pipeline and catalog for future growth within core concept and immediate adjacencies within plant-based, better-for-you, special diet options.
- Develop and design new and improved products in accordance with Whole Food Market’s ingredient standards and within the scope of our core values
- Drives development and supporting research and structure of plant-based/vegan culinary programs and ensures alignment with WFM ethos.
- Be the ambassador of food quality, culinary artistry and igniting the passion for vegan food in our team members and customers
- Lead and be the voice of plant-based vegan inspired innovation with cross functional partners responsible for product development within the specs assigned by supporting teams
- Develop all supporting documents and tools to ensure successful and replicable launch of program across all stores
- Provide technical leadership in recipe formulation, benchtop development, and support of third-party suppliers during commercialization process
- Identify areas of opportunity in raw materials and/or product design for cost optimization
- Ability to bend, stoop, grasp objects, and climb ladders.
- Demonstrates passion for the customer experience.
- Advanced ability to develop and write recipes.
- Strong sense of urgency, with the ability to pivot and reprioritize
- Ability to bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders, and squat.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Advanced understanding of culinary budgets and recipe costing.
- Ability to bend and lift loads, not exceeding fifty pounds; ability to push and pull carts not exceeding one hundred pounds.
- Flexible to travel as needed
- Experience working in a cross-functional large organization environment a must.
- Creative, resourceful, can think outside the box to create innovative solutions
- Initiative-taker and proactive problem solver with strong work ethic. Takes ownership and responsibility over assigned areas, ready to jump in and support team to accomplish company goals.
- Occasional exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals.
- Minimum 6+ years working in a vegan/vegetarian-based production, with 4+ years in R&D or product development.
- Expert experience working with traditional and modern vegan culinary techniques.
- Advanced understanding of culinary trends and established network of key 3rd-party and industry stakeholders.
- Expert level knowledge of plant-based/vegan cooking, various preparation techniques and cooking equipment.
- Minimum leadership level of Team Leader required
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Chef Tec
- Passport and legal status to leave the United States
- A proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline. Able to deliver results in a fast paced, lean, deadline driven environment and balance multiple changing priorities
- Exceptional knowledge of WFM policies, mission procedures, Core Values, business philosophy, and quality goals.
- Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends, holidays and long/unusual hours as needed.
- Strong understanding of vegan customer expectations and need states
- Knowledge of allergens, labeling, recipe accuracy, weights and measures, supplies and packaging
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of the ‘vegan’ lifestyle in terms of food culture
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
- Persuasive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Strong understanding of alternate diet cooking (ex. Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- Project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities simultaneously
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A