Website WinCo Foods
WinCo Foods currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a WinCo Careers – Bakery Clerk for Full Time at their offices in Midvale, UT, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||WinCo Careers – Bakery Clerk||Company Name:||WinCo Foods||Job Location:||Midvale, UT, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||WinCo Foods||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery goods. Maintains proper inventory levels of products and ensures the cleanliness and appearance of the bakery department meets standards. Consistently provides friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Produce breads/rolls by mixing recipes. Setting up racks and pans, setting up machines, operating machines, lifting product, measuring ingredients, operating oven, proof box. Pushing and pulling racks.
- Opens and closes bakery according to company procedures.
- Produce bakery products for retail stores.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques in person, over the telephone and over the in-store intercom.
- Displays goods by following packaging/handling procedures. Follows company guidelines for setting up and maintaining stock, cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables, and special displays; proper signing procedures, etc.
- Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing manner and using FIFO for rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Produce croissants. Folding by hand, proofing and baking.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Ensure quality of goods by following code.
- Takes orders by phone and in person from customers. Special orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush machine, tubes, tips, etc.
- Ices cakes by taking icing out of the container, combining the icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Labels bakery items by inputting data into DiGi machine for scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
- Packages cakes by placing in box.
- Personalizes cakes by writing the desired words of the customer.
- Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage containers.
- Assists customers with inquiries (i.e., special orders for cakes and other bakery items) by knowing current pricing, ingredients, availability of product, advertised merchandise, etc.
- Ensures quantity of goods is available by keeping manager informed of stock levels, accurately filling out inventory and production sheets as scheduled.
- Operate and clean equipment and work area. Maintains clean, safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Package all fresh products following all packaging /handling procedures.
- Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar, shortening, and flour.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
- Faces merchandise.
- Ensures quality of goods by following code dating procedures and legal regulations or labeling and packaging for all in-store bakery products.
- Sets-up cakes by taking liner off, putting icing between layers of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Handle bakery ingredients.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of product content and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and government regulations.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Check labels and packaging of all manufactured products.
- Respond to audible timers on baking equipment.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures and department policies. Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Bend, stoop, balance, crouch, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, perform repetitive movement, and reach frequently.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and compute weights and measures.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 300 am to 1000 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays. Pushing and pulling approximately 100 lb. of product at a time on rack.
- Perform around equipment and product emitting heat (approximately 465 degrees).
- Lift objects (i.e., mix) of various dimensions chest high up to 50 lbs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity, speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Catch breads, put product onto trays for baking, operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to baking procedures, equipment, and work aides.
- Reach overhead to place product on racks.
- Communicate in writing to others and read and follow instructions.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy. Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met. Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midvale, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A