Website WinCo Foods
WinCo Foods currently has a vacancy for those looking to work as a WinCo Jobs – MIT Produce Department for Full Time at their offices in Lakewood, CA, US. Applicants should be sure to read the job outline attentively if they intend to apply.
|Job Title:||WinCo Jobs – MIT Produce Department||Company Name:||WinCo Foods||Job Location:||Lakewood, CA, US||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||WinCo Foods||Job Link Expiry:||2023-12-30||Posted on:||Jobinton.com|
Learn all duties required of a Produce Department Manager. Assists Produce Department Manager in directing and controlling the operation of the Produce Department by understanding related work areas including supervising produce department personnel; planning and ordering merchandise; ensuring customer service and product quality, freshness and selection; assisting in coordination and management of department operations so as to control costs, meet targeted labor, maintain projected profit margins, and meet or exceed sales goals. Perform department clerk duties as needed.
- Learns and assists Produce Department Manager in scheduling personnel according to coverage needs and service level.
- Learns and assists Produce Department Manager in monitoring employee performance, and recommending personnel action (hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary action).
- Learns and assists Produce Department Manager in supervising, motivating, coaching, training and hiring of Department personnel.
- Assists Produce Department Manager in meeting departmental projected sales and gross margin objectives. Creates effective promotional and seasonal displays; prepares, proofs, stages and packages products; prevents shrink; oversees cost/quality control; orders necessary products and ingredients; prepares department sales/production guides; prepares, charts and records sales dollars/percentages; computes gross profit; processes and maintains accurate department records; and controls expenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage area, equipment and retail displays according to company policy and legal regulations; and cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out garbage, etc.
- Breaks down freight by moving product, placing it in inventory, operating fork lift, etc.
- Performs receiving duties. Verifies orders against invoices; reports shortages and claims to ensure proper billing; breaks down loads and dates product; and cuts cases; stacks, prices and marks merchandise; etc.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly, courteous customer service, etc.
- Ensures adequate product quantity, quality and freshness. Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory; builds, maintains and organizes product display and storage areas; stocks and rotates products; inspects displays daily for substandard and outdated product and discards outdated or spoiled products; ensures proper temperatures are maintained in all phases of product handling and preparation; follows retail labeling laws and company code dating policy; follows company policy on processing re-work or reduced-to-clear items, damage and spoilage of product; trims, cuts, wraps, trays, displays and waters products as needed; ensures proper pricing and signing; conducts inventories of all department items; and prepares food items as needed.
- Completes the Manager in Training classroom and on the job training program.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding schematics, merchandising of advertised and special items, proper signing procedures, analyzing cutting tests and meeting customer demand.
- Performs customer relation duties and engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Maintains a safe/secure work environment and ensures compliance with security policies.
- Work around machinery emitting heat and cold conditions.
- Push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Perform repetitious arm and hand movements frequently.
- Calculate inventory.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of produce department clerk at a fully competent and independent level.
- Work with hands exposed to moisture, fruits, and vegetables.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g., knives, cookers), and work aides.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies.
- Have knowledge of all areas of department production.
- Perform supervisory skills (e.g., interviewing, scheduling, hiring, counseling, training, disciplining, etc.)
- Proper use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Proper handling of related food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 50 lbs. within the range of floor level to overhead frequently.
- Effectively utilize excellent verbal, written, electronic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Learn taste, content and perishability of products; Conduct visual inspections and read reports, manuals, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Operating computers and windows software in a work setting.
- Effective communication with co-workers and customers and following written instructions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Performing basic math (adds, subtract, divide and multiply) and computing weights and measures.
- Demonstrating an understanding of overall company practices through previous experience in the produce department or equivalent.
- Providing leadership through skills in communication, management of people, customer relations, employee relations, analysis, planning orders, judgment, reaction to business activity, etc.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lakewood, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A